Pages

Monday, February 9, 2009

Glimpses

These are images from one of my very favorite places in the world. Let's see ... Hundi lanterns, a sari, saturated colors. Is it India? No, it's not as far away as you think. I believe we should bring the things we love the closest to us. Why not. Why feel like you need to travel, go far away on a vacation to have a feeling of being far away. So these are glimpses of the guest room in my house:



The sari is from Nalli in Chennai, India. A Benares sari that I searched high and low and far and wide for. Among many wood cabinets and tall stacks full of saris. Then I saw it walk past me, in someone else's arms. Desperate times, desperate measures. I ask the nearest Nalli staff if there's another like "that one." Yes! Score! I love it so much, why keep it in a drawer. So it drapes gracefully down a wall, where I can see it every day.

The walls were sponged with four colors of Benjamin Moore paints in several hues of paprika, beige and gray, building color upon color.

The photos above are a bit blurry, taken without flash to better capture the deep color. Here's a better shot of the sari pattern:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails